Friday, May 8, 2009

Is Craig Really, Finally, Truly, Blogging?

Well, kinda.

Sorry for the layoff, but I had a horrible marathon, followed by the death of my grandmother, then had to pack and move across the country.  It's been a busy month.

I'm in Logan, Utah, for a brief stay before I head back up north to Montana for a  bit.


Today's topic:   Easy running.

Is there such a thing?  Two months ago I could get out and run seven miles without even thinking about it.  I loved being outside, didn't even feel my leg muscles tiring.  It was great.

Now?  Not so much.  You see, I'm tired.  I'm crank.  I'm sick of running.  Yep, you heard me, I'm sick of it.  

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to quit, I mean I already signed up for the Grizzly Marathon AND the Bourbon Chase Relay.  No, this ain't my last rodeo, Hoss.  (RIP Vern Gosdin)

There are a few things working against me right now.  

1.  Post crappy marathon blues.  F-U GO! Marathon.  May I never speak of you again.
2.  I gave blood last week.  They love the O+.  Couldn't give double due to me giving too many RBCs this past year.
3.   I was pretty much drunk the entire week last week.  Didn't help I gave blood.
4.  I'm running at a start elevation right now of 5,200 feet.  My place in Nashville was about 500.
5.  I'm running trails IN THE ROCKY MOUNTAINS.  Yesterday's run (if you can call it that) went from a start elevation of 5,144 to an elevation of 5,600 at 1.75 miles to a peak of 6,500 at 2.5 miles.  Yep, a gain of 900 feet in   3/4 of a mile.  That ain't running.  Oh yeah, I was knee deep in snow for a bit of it.


That's pretty much it for why I'm not into running much.  I do plan to get 40+ miles this week for the first time since the marathon.  We'll see how it goes.  

Just for shit's and giggles, here is a self portrait of my demise yesterday.

Enjoy.



3 comments:

StangLuvr said...

Sounds like the runs would be alot of fun. If I ever get out that way, I will yell at ya for a run. I don't really know why I would be in Utah or Montana though.

Ms. V. said...

I was so trying to figure out why I was following on Twitter, and now I know!!! YOU'RE Vandyland! Okay :)

Hang in there. Post marathon has to be a drag. Plus the snow. And the elevation.

It's the weekend!

Amy said...

Hmmm... so, no thoughts about your runs being crappy because you're not running with the awesome, encouraging, kick ass running partner anymore?

No? Nothing?