Thursday, March 26, 2009

Things That Will Ruin an Otherwise Nice Run

I was having a nice run through Percy Warner Park today when I began thinking what can ruin a perfectly good run.   Most (if not all) are from personal experience.

  • Inconsiderate Drivers
  • Hangovers
  • Not eating/drinking enough before running
  • Eating/drinking too much before running
  • Bad songs on your ipod
  • Getting pooped on by bird/squirrel  (you know who you are, I WILL get you)
  • Cramps
  • IT band issues
  • Knee/back/stomach/leg/foot/arm/pinkie/eyelid/head/toe pains
  • Cold wind when you didn't wear enough clothes, especially in certain areas...my college friends and I called it FPS, or Frozen Penis Syndrome
  • Prince's Fried Chicken, a Nashville tradition in what the call Hot Chicken.  I had some for the first time yesterday.  Big mistake.  Luckily there is a golf course pro shop halfway through my run.  Interestingly, my Garmin never lost satellite signal while I was in there.  Hmmm...
  • Bicyclists
  • Guys running with their shirts off when they have no business running with their shirt off
  • Counting the miles until you are finished
  • Rain/Lightning
That's all I can think of at the moment, but I'm sure there are more.  Feel free to comment anything that my ruin YOUR run.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Running through a cloud of cigarette smoke.

Old Man said...

PWP will negate most, luv that place.

but to add to your list, the need to use the facilities without any facilities or TP and the need to improvise on the run.....