Friday, March 27, 2009

First Trail Run

So I wanted to start some trail running since I've been getting pretty bored with running the streets of Nashville.  Well, I figured the first step would be shoes.  I asked some questions around the Running Ahead community and settled on the Adidas Adistar Revolt.  The reviews I received on these particular pair of shoes said they are good for all types of terrain, from rocks and tree roots to flat trails.  Of course, I would do minimal amounts of running on asphalt with these shoes.  





I check ALL over nashville and could not find a store that carried this shoe, and was pretty disappointed in the overall trail shoe selection.  I went on the good ol' internet and purchased them online, which is always a trail since I don't know how their sizing is going to work, although all of the reviews said they were true to size.

Fast forward to this morning when I take them out of the box.  They are an impressive pair of shoes, I think the coolest looking I've ever owned.  I love the pewter/red/yellow color.  They fit PERFECTLY, which was a very good relief.  I had decided I would go down to Leiper's Fork, TN, where the Natchez Trace trailhead is located.  If you have never driven part of the Natchez Trace, I would highly suggest you try it out.  Beautiful.  

So the weather said that rain would move in about 9 am, so I wanted to get there and finish before the rain came.  Well, when my alarm went off I wanted/needed some more sleep.  Whoops.  I got to the trailhead EXACTLY when the rain started.  ouch.  So for my first trail run I sloshed around in the mud and the rocks and the rain.  I LOVED it.  I didn't like the wet feet and the mud, but I can't wait until I can do some training when it isn't wet out.  I didn't do too much running because I have a 5k tomorrow, but it was enough to get a taste.  

I just opened another door.  Probably one I won't ever be able to close.  Uh oh.  

No comments: